[OM] Paul's PAW - catching up

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW - catching up
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 23:01:07 -0500
Today started with a pleasant surprise as two of the water hyacinths in our pond were blooming. Also, there's a shot of a "greenwall" inside a hotel we visited for a convention a couple weekends ago. The wall was covered with angled planter trays filled with various plants, lit by daylight-balanced lights. Very cool. Oh, and we had an ugly storm move through the area today and we lost power at the hospital for about 40 minutes. Naturally, I grabbed my camera and went out onto the loading dock...

While I was out there, our chief of Engineering was outside on his phone with the power company trying to find out why we lost power before the storm even rolled through... since I just learned how to get the FL-600r to do daylight fill flash like the old F280 on an OM4ti, I yanked it out of the bag and got a shot of Chris in "crisis mode". With the darkening skies, fill made all the difference.

And one from a week ago. I had gone to see Tom Keifer with a friend (Jim Peterik, who had co-written two songs on Tom's recent solo album) at a now-defunct rock club on the far North side of Chicago. The lighting was, well, very club-like so I let the E-M5 run free as far as ISO goes. Also, a whole lot of haze on stage. Tom is the lead guitarist/singer/songwriter for the hard rock band Cinderella. I've been a fan since their first album came out in the early 90's. Love the new album, and finally got to meet him and hang out with Tom and Jim backstage before this gig. Really nice guy. Also met his wife, Savannah.

C&C encouraged.  Enjoy!

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach