[OM] Cameras Teach Photography

Subject: [OM] Cameras Teach Photography
From: Willie Wonka via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 19:03:30 -0700
Christa and I visited NYC the weekend before the Father's Day. This little
escape was a gift to us for our anniversary.

The picture was not intended to be a photographic masterpiece, just a record of
a beautiful memory. Normally, I would put everything in focus, but this time
for the sake of convenience, I had it in "Auto+" mode, which utilizes the
computer within the camera in order to analyze the scene and adjust the
settings of the camera prior to taking the picture.

In this case it decided to go into a "Portrait" mode, which blurs the
background and ensures that the skin tone is captured right.

I was surprized to see the result. The camera blurred it enough for us to still
recognize this iconic landmark, yet it successfully eliminated the distraction
the pedestrians in the background caused.

It looks like from this time on, I will be taking two shots of each picture
attempt, one the way I want, and one the way camera wants. I would know that I
dont suck anymore once I start winning...:)

Best

Boris