[OM] (OM) Tina's Vietnam small shellfish on the beach

Subject: [OM] (OM) Tina's Vietnam small shellfish on the beach
From: <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 06:40:15 +1200
Yesterday I went shopping for ingredients for seafood chowder.
Last week I found a slightly useful recipe online from the BBC (the
instructions were HOPELESS) but I got the drift and it was a success.

Fresh local scollops were not available, but frozen ones from Peru were. And in
the supermarket freezer cabinet were a few packets of mixed tiny shellfish and
other sea creatures, some seemingly cut up fine. I could recognise shrimp, and
other small shellfish.
I was puzzled as to what it all could be.
A close look at the labelling and the fine print revealed that it came from
Thailand.

Then the penny dropped ... these were practically identical to what Tina showed
us photos of with shellfish being smashed up on the beach in Vietnam at the end
of their rape and pillage of the seas operation. Price - $9.09 for about 300gm.
About $1.50 less than the Peruvian scollops.

I didn't buy any then, but maybe I will next time, just to try.
Cheers, Brian