Re: [OM] Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Software
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:17:23 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      I was, and remain, deeply disappointed in engineers who would
>> politically hold back others rather
>>than improve themselves.  They would label me as having "unfair advantages".
>>I suspect that most of
>>those are presently selling shoes or working at Home Depot at best.
>>
>>      If they thought I had "unfair advantages" 30-35 years ago, they should
>> see me now.
>
>I'm reminded that in my industry (telecommunications), you never
>"arrive". Everything is constantly changing. I find that if I fail to
>keep up with everything I can, that I lose half my effectiveness in
>less than two years.

     Actually, some of the advances I've made in the state-ot-the-art in small
signal amplifier design (published and patented) has drawn upon technology and
designs of over 50 years ago, some from vacuum tube circuit design.  Just
because it's new does not mean that it's better.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson