Re: [OM] Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Software
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 23:56:15 -0700
On 6/16/2014 4:56 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
Interesting, I can see that your skills and tastes in post processing may
well have changed over the years.  Is there any evidence that the raw
processing software has improved significantly ?  What if I were to take an
E-1 raw file from 2006 (?) and process with the latest version of Olympus
Viewer ?  Do Olympus apply advancements to processing of E-1 files in their
new software or are the same old 2006 algorithms used for processing E-1
files and the advances only applied for newer camera ORFs ?

Well, I've never owned a 4/3 E-thingie, so I'm not one to ask. You'd think AG could answer, but it seems he's not even tried Viewer 3, and is more interested in bashing ACR and lauding Capture One, both infinitely more expensive than V3.

You may be one you own to find out.

No FT Moose