Re: [OM] Universal Battery Charger?

Subject: Re: [OM] Universal Battery Charger?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 12:32:28 -0700
On 6/16/2014 2:32 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
I buy enough batteries to last me and leave the chargers and leads behind.  I
have 3 batteries for each camera and I very rarely get through one on any
device before my return home to charger heaven (:-)).

Yes, well ... I have four batteries for the E-M5, three for the GX7 and three
for the GM1.

But - - Last year we were on the road for almost four continuous weeks in the
summer and for a month in the fall.

And - - It's not uncommon for me to run through a battery and start on another
one on one or both big cameras in a day.

Camera makes a big difference, too. Last year, I was using E-M5 with 75-300 and E-PM2 with 12-50 together most of the time, with occasional switches to 9-18 and 60/2.8 macro. The little Pen has great battery life, good for at least two days heavy shooting.

Now I'm using the GX7 for the 12-50. It gets more shots from a smaller battery than the E-M5. Still, I've at least twice already this year needed to replace batteries on both during a heavy shooting day.

The batteries aren't all OEM, but MUCH cheaper, and I'm going to need chargers
along anyway ...

However, I will take a maximum of 1,000 shots in 2 weeks, whereas others here
might quintuple that, I suspect (or worry about wanting to take that many).

I only took 821 shots with two cameras on two day trips on the Going to the Sun road when we were in Glacier NP. ;-) Too many shots of mountain goats and bighorn sheep, etc? Maybe, but it doesn't cost anything, and I don't know when I take one that an equal or better one will appear soon.

Profligate Shooter Moose