Re: [OM] Fwd: The Future of the Image

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd: The Future of the Image
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 15:15:52 -0700
On 6/15/2014 5:09 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Different application, Moose. I was responding to a specific use.

Yes, I understand.

It works
very well for me and was a driving force in my getting rid of the E-1.

BTW, Wifi does not need to be present in orde to use it.

Nor for other cameras with WiFi, including my Pannys. They are their own WiFi devices, and the 'phone, etc. connects to them.
The Eye-Fi card
becomes the Wifi hotspot for whatever device that is synced to it. Regular
restrictions apply on the cell side, though. If there is sufficient signal
to post a selfie on facebeek with the built in camera, there is sufficient
signal to post a picture from the übercam.

Which is what I so seldom have when I'm taking lots of shots. This last trip, there was just enough cell in the tiny town for phone calls, but not for data. Even voice mail wasn't available. Nice little library with good, free WiFi and air conditioning, though. In the park where we stayed and the interesting subjects were, nada.

We did have LTE coverage at the Mono Lake tufas, but that's by far the
exception for me.

No Signal Moose

Just for my own regular photography, there is no reason to do anything,
just treat it as any other memory card. Mine is the 4GB model, which serves
me quite well.

When the Sony 64GB, class 10, UHS-I cards with 'only' 40 MB/s read speed got cheap, I picked up a couple. No difference in write speed from their 94 MB/s cards. Now I can go on a month long trip, shoot up a storm, and probably not change a card. Neat! (Yes, of course I carry other cards, in case I go crazy!)

H. C. Moose