Re: [OM] Fwd: The Future of the Image

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd: The Future of the Image
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 16:46:00 -0500
> Iif I understand correctly, as soon as you take a picture the wifi
> 'base station' on the SD card will power up. It expects the iDevice to
> connect, download the picture, and then it can power down. But if
> you're taking pictures 'normally' nothing will connect and it'll draw
> power for x minutes and then go to sleep. What duration do you have
> for x?

I have mine set for 2 minutes. But the "base station" only turns on if
there is something to upload. I have mine set to upload only those
items I set the "protect" flag on. So, I can shoot a bajillion
photographers and nothing happens, but then I chimp the results and
set the protect flag on the items I want to upload. At that point, the
WiFi lights up and waits for two minutes to establish a connection. If
no connection, it times out and shuts the WiFi down. However, if there
is something to upload, once the connection is established it takes
care of business and holds the connection on for two minutes after the
last one is sent. This way, I can go ahead and select others to upload
or keep shooting and select one here and there and if it's still
within two minutes of the last upload, there is no delay for
establishing the connection.

Battery life is just fine. I'd say that it does shorten it some, but I
haven't determined just how much. Maybe 10-15%.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx