Re: [OM] Last Day of School

Subject: Re: [OM] Last Day of School
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:48:09 -0400
Yes, I forgot about Blacks. Most Black Americans are descended from people
brought here as slaves from the early 1600s until the slave trade was
banned in the US in 1807. Interestingly, this means that most black
families have been in the United States a lot longer than most White
families. The vast majority of White Americans are descended from the huge
number of European immigrants who came to the USA in the period from 1830
to 1920. I mentioned that to some of my Black students, who found it
interesting in light of the racist attitudes that some Whites here have
toward them.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography