Re: [OM] OT - Phising phone calls

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Phising phone calls
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 10:12:53 -0400
A start ?
try this   http://whocalled.us/lookup/5105109988

On 6/3/2014 8:48 AM, John Hudson wrote:
The home phone rang at breakfast time today.

The phone display box showed the source number as :

1 - 510 - 510 - 9988

The voice at the other end introduced himself as being from a Windows Help Line and was calling because there were some "bad signals" coming from my computer.

When asked where he was calling from he said "Miami, Florida".

When I told him that his number showed up as area code 510 and that area code covered an inland area east of San Francisco, he responded with a polite but mildly frustrated "ah but .......".

He then asked if he was speaking to "Mr John Hudson" to which I gave no response other than to say "....guess what, you are a piece of scum, good by" and hung up.

The educated sounding voice was that of a male maybe in his 20s and the accent was a cross between mild Spanish and south Asian [India / Pakistan].

The same incoming phone number has shown up on my call display box for the last few days at various hours.

If anyone lives in area code 510 perhaps they could identify who has number 510-510-9988.

What's to be made of such bogus phone calls ?

I keep my ESET security system up and running full time.

jh