Re: [OM] OT - Thunderbird email

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Thunderbird email
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 07:37:23 -0700
Well, as I said, I've done it many times over recent years, and a simple copy
of the default profile works fine.
What the Moose says. I do it for the laptops all the time as a backup.

-copy the old default to the new location

C:\Users\your_user_name)\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\some_random_string-of-letters.default

-now you must find in the new location the existing,
some_random_string-of-letters.default  and rename the extension to bak (so no
duplicate names)

-now you can rename the file from the old computer to the exact same prefix as
the BAK file.

that's it. works for firefox too

Mike

while waiting for the ferry and final leg of the trip home. Went like this:

taxi-train-bus-plane-plane-shuttle-shuttle-(sleep)- now ferry.

Loved Scotland!

-