Re: [OM] Fast telephoto for OMD-EM10

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast telephoto for OMD-EM10
From: Frank Kurzawa <frank@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 23:12:46 -0500
Hi Frank,

Since I already have the 14-42 kit lens, the 25 mm f1.8, and the 9-18 (my
favorite focal range), I'm not feeling a grand need for a lens with the
14-150 range.

Since I can use the EF/m43 adapter with my Nikon 80-200 f2.8, I'm thinking
of maybe just buying or renting the much cheaper 40-150mm for the faster
moving stuff that I can't get w/ the 80-200. Oddly enough, this particular
lens doesn't seem to be available at lens rentals.com.

Then I may take a little longer to decide about some of the newer, faster
glass that is coming around in the near future.

Thanks!

Frank K.

-------------------------------------
From: Frank (wijsmullergmail.com)Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 14:05:23 -0700 (PDT)

The announced 300mm will be F 4. Which makes sense as you can buy an e-m1
with mmf-3 and use the FT 300mm F 2.8. You'll need serious cash there.

I think a 14-150mm is a fine walk around holiday lens. My wife and son have
one, I briefly used in on an e-m5 and was quite satisfied. My walk around
holiday lens though is the 9-18mm, and in the evenings the 20mm.

If you buy one, you can later upgrade to the 40-150mm 2.8 which is probably
a fine performer. They might even bring out a 1,4x converter for it?

The 75-300mm tested better then the 100-300mm, and is less heavy. Both are
relatively weak on the long end, but hey, we're talking 600mm equivalent
here. You'll need a tripod to make the most out of that.

Let us know what you decide on, and better show the results!

Best, Frank.