Re: [OM] IMG: The Photographer

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Photographer
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 21:12:39 -0500
On 5/18/14 18:22 : , Tina Manley wrote:
PESO:

Tom is not a photographer.  He has no interest in learning to use any
camera; however, on this last trip there were far too many photos for me to
keep changing lenses and cameras and getting them all.  So I gave him an M9
with the 24/2.8 and set it on the 8's.  I set the aperture for f/8 and told
him to be sure the infinity mark was set at 8 so that more or less
everything would be in focus (hyperfocul focusing).  When there is plenty
of light, it works fine.  He didn't even have to look through the
viewfinder, just press the shutter.

http://www.pbase.com/image/155709400

Amazingly, he got some good photos.  If you see any that I post that are
taken with the M9 at f/8, Tom might have pressed the shutter.   I also used
it, though, so there is no way to know who shot what!  I'll take credit (or
blame) for all ;-)  I just know that the ones I appear in, I did not shoot!

Tina

Nice job!  Glad he was able to help.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach