Re: [OM] The end of onion-ring bokeh? Panasonic beats the curse of asphe

Subject: Re: [OM] The end of onion-ring bokeh? Panasonic beats the curse of aspheric lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 21:41:12 -0700
On 5/7/2014 8:19 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I wait for ***documented*** evidence of same.:-)
Chuck, I don't know what it is exactly that you want me to "document"
because I'm stating the obvious. These are well-known traits and an
undeniable fact of life with some aspherical lenses. To be fair, it
isn't just aspherical lenses, but highly corrected optics tend to do
these things too. You are asking me to document that some roses are
red while others are yellow. Life is too short for me to go diving off
the plank on this one.

I do like documentation of such assertions, bit I gotta go with the Schnozz here. I see OOF highlights with dark centers and bright outer rings all the time and quite dislike them. I'm not sure I recall ever being bothered by onion ring bokeh.

Simple observational experience of an inveterate pixel peeper who had never
heard of this phenomenon until now.

Onion Ring Moose