Re: [OM] The end of onion-ring bokeh? Panasonic beats the curse of asphe

Subject: Re: [OM] The end of onion-ring bokeh? Panasonic beats the curse of aspheric lenses
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 09:27:20 -0500
> I agree that this is basically a press release for Panasonic but, for the
> second issue, as with many silver nose *assertions*, I wait for documented
> evidence of same. :-)

To be clear, the trait that I'm referring to is either caused by
optical birefringence or through the awkward folding in of the edges
of the light path caused by the non-uniform shape of the aspherical
element.

The stuff that this article is talking about has to do with the
surface properties of the aspherical element itself, not the shape or
position within the lens assembly.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx