[OM] OM Shutter Questions

Subject: [OM] OM Shutter Questions
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 19:10:17 -0400 (EDT)
Thinking about the novel hybrid GM-1 shutter (my new horse cam) and that it takes about 1/15 sec to expose the sensor with EFC and about 1/25 with total electronic shutter (at cost of of loss of one stop DR , 10 bit instead of 12 readout as well) raises the question of how fast the OM shutter is above the 1/60 sync speed??? (i.e time to totally expose the film from top to bottom) It must be very fast after the magnet signaled to release the 2nd curtain is released as never recall "rolling shutter" artefacts. I should know this, but must be rusty thinking about OM. A related question is the TTL/OTF metering. Above sync speed perhaps is hybrid of OTF and off the curtain until exposure quench point reached for 18%?? Below sync speed must be 100% OTF.

Unrelated---OM kit going on Catalonia trip next week. I usually bring 2or 2n and 4T. I think OM 2 needs excercise and have remotely pre-scouted possible Big Bertha Falshbulb Opp, so the 2 alone will get the call, but will sorely miss MLU/aperture pre-fire. Marnie may get perturbed when I start loading my limited packing space with FB bracket and related stuff in lieu of extra shoes. MFT horse kit will take up some space but not much.

Mike