Re: [OM] Retirement, was Malt whisky tasting evening

Subject: Re: [OM] Retirement, was Malt whisky tasting evening
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 16:45:29 -0400
There's more than one historical inaccuracy relative to the aircraft pictured. Perhaps the most egregious is all the red Fokker triplanes. The Fokkers didn't enter the war until 1918 and the red ones were only flown by von Richthofen's squadron. The Wiki article on this film says: "On the director/producer commentary track for the DVD release, Producer Dean Devlin noted that they were aware the predominant use of red triplanes was historically inaccurate, but wanted to give clear visual signals to the audience to enable them to easily distinguish friend from foe in the aerial sequences." Shall we complain about the artistic license? :-)

Chuck Norcutt