Re: [OM] Yet another Moose book

Subject: Re: [OM] Yet another Moose book
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 18:32:14 -0700
On 4/26/2014 4:56 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I like the images

Thanks!

but didn't care for some pages where adjacent images push up against each other. I think each image needs some sort of "frame" to isolate it from another. I assume you can control that in some way.

The preview isn't representative of the physical book. With the binding I've ordered, each page lays flat, with a thin, black space between them. It's visually quite different from conventional binding, and from the preview's attempt to duplicate that look. I've thought about spreading a panorama across two pages. It would be impressively larger, and far less compromised than with conventional binding. Maybe next time. :-)

The order of images is pretty arbitrary. They span several years and cameras, so the only 'logical' order would be by subject. But I think a bunch of rock pics, followed by sunsets, follo ... would be at least boring, possibly annoying.

I just 'organized' them as groups followed by sunsets, like days, and otherwise as pairs/small sets that felt like they fit together. Except for a very few 'individuals', that just have to live with each other.

I have little liking for added 'matting', although I could do that easily enough. I prepare each image at the printed page pixel size, and avoid their software placement, sizing, matting, etc. That's also easy, I can make each one the crop I want, and in batch downsizing/print sharpening in FastStone, the rest of the page is filled with black. I'm not stuck with any particular proportions.

In any case, one advantage of this kind of book making is that I make one, and can see if there are changes needed for the next 'printing', where I get more than one more. So I would be interested in knowing which ones 'push up against each other'. Where I realize you've seen something I didn't see, eyes bleary and mind weary with finishing up processing, downsizing and organizing 80 images, I can make adjustments.

But very nice work in any case.  How could it be otherwise?

Awwwww ... Thanks again!

Bookish Moose