[OM] Yet another Moose book

Subject: [OM] Yet another Moose book
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 14:42:47 -0700
I've done it again, this time a book with 80 images of Mt. Desert Island, including Acadia NP. <http://www.mypublisher.com/index/?e=OHm3Q8zJl3QTqkHeEIJOu9RVFm69-MMe&showForm=true>

I don't yet know what it really looks like yet, either, as it's not due here 'til the end of the week. The on-line view never comes close to doing justice to their excellent quality books. But I can't afford to send you each one. :-(

It seems to me their viewer is not as nice as before? And the fancy, schmancy depiction of page bend in the center is actually wrong, as it coming with lay flat pages.

My intention is to show mostly things that aren't on the main tourist list of 'must sees', including many intimate details and less commonly seen scenics that are so much a part of my enjoyment of the Island. Sort of an anti-usual subjects book.

Only one iconic subject, the arched bridge in Soamesville. I've heard that it is the most (or one of the most?), photographed thing there. But I can't believe it, considering it's on the Quiet Side, far from the hordes of folks on buses taking uncountable shots on the park loop road.

It had to be there, as it was the first iconic thing I saw on our first visit, and always feels to me to be the gateway as we arrive, finally almost to our friend's house, our home on the Island.

I think only 3-4 images have been posted here before. The cover is one that has had Bob gnashing his teeth on occasion. It's OK, Bob, I've been past that spot many times since, and never come close to that particular combination of light, clouds, tide, etc. again. Sheer luck. I have included a panorama which gives a wider view, taken only a few minutes later.

I've dedicated the book to our friend, Marilyn, whose generosity and friendship introduced us to the Island and allows our long, intimate acquaintance with this magical place. So pages 2-3 are images of the marsh behind her house, and 4-5 are a driving thunderstorm on the marsh and the road after, as we drove to Cadillac Mt. to take some of the sunset images.

Enjoy!

A. Desert Moose