[OM] A Redder Channel [was More Red [was 2014 Orchid Show]]

Subject: [OM] A Redder Channel [was More Red [was 2014 Orchid Show]]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 19:20:30 -0400 (EDT)
Smugmug converts to sRGB like it or not and not sure how zone-10
handles color space. Perhaps I missed the post.   I may  bug Smugmug
yet again.

RM writes:

As with so many places, it's easy to keep quoting the same answers -
even when
things have actually changed.

I think Smugmug wants to keep things simple for printing/viewing on wide range of devices. Last I checked I-thingies live in sRGB universe and larger color space images often appear washed out. I think the I-pad3 display is quite good and at least nearly full sRGB. Fellow Smugmuggers (?) need to unite and lobby for aRGB options. I know there are a few here. (email help or post on Dgrin----www.dgrin.com---look for feature requests) At least Zone-10 isn't so restrictive.

Clipped Mike