Re: [OM] A Redder Channel [was More Red [was 2014 Orchid Show]]

Subject: Re: [OM] A Redder Channel [was More Red [was 2014 Orchid Show]]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 20:55:14 -0700
On 4/20/2014 7:16 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
Unshorn Moose writes:

Soooooo ... If you convert from a larger space to sRGB as the last step, and
don't check the histogram, or if you post
in a gallery that converts aRGB to sRGB, most likely with a less sophisticated
conversion engine, it's possible to have
a clipped channel without knowing it.
Wonderful analyses past couple posts--thanks.

Glad you liked them. Nice to know the time and effort may have been worthwhile.

Smugmug converts to sRGB like it or not and not sure how zone-10
handles color space. Perhaps I missed the post.   I may  bug Smugmug
yet again.

As with so many places, it's easy to keep quoting the same answers - even when
things have actually changed.

'Red' Moose