Re: [OM] OT: Bumper Snickers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Bumper Snickers
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 13:09:15 +1000
Indeed sir. I'm taking offence at all this, having tried to inject a little
proper vocabulary into the list.

'Custom'  or far, far worse, 'customized' (with a zed) is something associated
with things like motorcycles and chop shops and appears to mean, "we had a
little fun rebuilding and repainting this heap of s**t to look seriously
peculiar and now we're going to try and sell it off to you, once the cable show
episode is in the can.
'Bespoke' has overtones of decent tweed tailoring and peat smoke and Purdeys
and coachbuilding and means, "we made this to fit you, to your request,
measurements and requirements..…Sir. Let us know if any minor adjustments are
necessary, the next time you are up. Where would like us to send the account,
if I might be so presumptuous?"

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com