Re: [OM] IMG: Moon rock, Apollo capsule

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Moon rock, Apollo capsule
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 08:57:17 -0500
> That many people, for all those decades? I'm not buying it.

Well....

Here's the rub. There ARE people that were involved with NASA from
that era that have claimed this is exactly what had happened. More
than one has shared the same story. It isn't always a matter of
keeping people quiet about a big secret, but how do we make sure that
they are sufficiently discredited when the secret leaks out.

Just remember that it took almost 20 years before word finally got out
on the construction flaw in 601 Lexington (Citicorp Building). It was
weird because I knew all about that in 1987 or 1988. I found the
building very fascinating to me because of the tuned-mass-damper and
was discussing it with the VP of the company I worked for. He was a
commercial real-estate consultant and told me about the frantic
nighttime welding job done to save the building. I took it as just
another wild-a** story of his, but just like almost all of the others,
this one turned out to be true. Then, to add to it, at the same time I
was editing a college textbook on facilities management and asked the
author about this story. He grunted and said that it was bad enough
that evacuation plans for blocks around that building were in place,
but we're not supposed to know that. Another thing that turned out to
be true. Both indicated that this particular building, even after the
repair, is flawed in design on so many different levels that it will
be the first significant skyscraper in NYC to be torn down. And it has
nothing to do with the stilts.

AG

--
Ken Norton