Re: [OM] OMD EM-1 and WB [was no subject]

Subject: Re: [OM] OMD EM-1 and WB [was no subject]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 16:56:24 -0700
On 4/13/2014 3:48 PM, Mr A. Elliott wrote:
> Hi Piers
> I have been to East Anglia, but it was a long time ago! Most of my
> photography has been with proper OM cameras, but about 7 years ago a bought a
> canon 5D so that I could use all my, (30 years of collecting), zuiko lenses.
> Never really bonded with the Canon so I thought that the focus peaking on the
> EM1 would be a good substitute.

First thing I'd try is turn off the Auto WB and leave it on Daylight. I suspect
it will be far from perfect, but better.

As just discussed yesterday, if you want decent color under odd, mixed
lighting, you need to either set a custom WB in
the camera or shoot a neutral tone card in the same light and use it to adjust
color in post.

A card like the WhiBal is my preference. As the light changes, shoot another
reference and keep moving. For good skins
tones in a portrait, take the shot, then have subject or someone else hold the
card by where the face was.

> I checked the EXIF data on a lot of my photos, and quite a few were at 1600
> asa, but even some at 400 were affected. I guess I am at the bottom of a new
> learning curve.

Speed has nothing to do with the problem you are having.

W.B. Moose