[OM] Nathan's PAD 10/4/2014: our continent's history

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 10/4/2014: our continent's history
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 08:24:56 +0200
I gave a talk at the European Parliament Thursday morning. I showed up early,
so I explored the edges of the huge complex a bit. The area is decorated by
pieces of art that carry deep symbolism related to Europe's terrible history in
the 20th century and reminds us all why Robert Schuman made his declaration in
1950.

First, the horrors of the second world war:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3175422274&k=Wk4qpTd&lb=1&s=O

Then, forty years of the Iron Curtain:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3175426577&k=sppH7fN&lb=1&s=O

And finally, in the 1980s, the reunification of the continent:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3175426946&k=hMF8CGj&lb=1&s=O

The last picture is effectively just a "street sign" for the main esplanade
through the EP complex.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman