Re: [OM] Scotland itinerary

Subject: Re: [OM] Scotland itinerary
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 01:32:29 +1200

Piers wrote:

It's not that news travels slowly, Mike, it's that we
never forget.

Glencoe ... Campbells ... Yes, to this day the role of
the Clan Campbell in the Glencoe massacre is very well remembered.

////////////////////////////

In more places than you might suspect.

I grew up on a road address on the other side of the world ... Glencoe
Road ..!

An ex-flat-mate of mine and still a good friend although he
now lives and works in Calif, grew up in Ballachulish, where his father
worked in a slate quarry.

I later discovered that his Aunt Ria had
worked in this country, and as an employee of the Country-woman's
institute ( or something like that) had 'looked after' our family (after
I had left home to go to work elsewhere) for 2 - 3 weeks while my mother
brought another child into this world and started it off. When I
realised this ( a good many years ago now) I decided to surprise her and
phoned her in Ballachulish. It was worth doing !!

Brian