[OM] Scotland itinerary

Subject: [OM] Scotland itinerary
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 14:36:46 -0700
Started to get in the mood by taking in the Battlefield Band concert Sat
at our little Community Theater. They play here every year and even have
an album out named after us. They sure do tour a lot and are away from
home. I think around here reminds them of home. A lot of lateral
immigration of northern Europeans here including those of Scottish
descent like a branch or two of my wife's family. She's the geneologist
and tells me I even have Scottish ancestry through the Macfarlanes (sp?)
My wife has been wanting to go to Scotland for years and she is our Tour
Director and has booked all the necessary stuff.

  Fly into Glasgow Thurs and head directly by train from airport to
Edinburgh for a few days then:

Birnam
Cairngorms/Grampians ??
Orkney
Lairg/Cape Wrath ??
Ullapool
Lewis/Harris
Skye
Applecross Penn
Glencoe
Trossachs  ??

Main focus is walking and outdoors. We are looking for suggestions
especially where noted by ??
Don't know how this fits with the list local(s)? Any reside in above
areas? Will be checking email when possible.

Mike