Re: [OM] IMG: To clone, or not to clone

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: To clone, or not to clone
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 02:18:09 -0700
On 4/8/2014 11:43 AM, Peter Klein wrote:
> I am torn between this original image:
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P4060017.jpg.html>
>
> And the improved (?) version, where I cloned out the incomplete blue
> cone in the foreground.
> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/13721913303/>
>
> The cloned-out version seems more correct, as I couldn't include the
> base of the cone, but I keep having this nagging feeling I like the
> composition and color scheme better with the blue cone left in.
>
> Whatcha think?

Seems to me one of those "When did you stop beating your wife?" questions. I
think if you had posted it with the cone,
nobody would have noticed or commented. However, encountering it with the cone
in mind, It's the first thing I see,
seems important, at least at first, and pulls my attention away fro the image
proper.

To me, the two stories in the image are questions, "What is called Concorde
now?" and "Where is that guy going?" The
cone is darkish ,and doesn't call attention to itself.

Sure, asked the question before seeing the image, then seeing it both ways, I
sort of like it better cloned out, but I
don't think it matters. Close out the question. :-)

Clone Head Moose