Re: [OM] IMGs: Chris' Cycling Photos 3 March 2014

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Chris' Cycling Photos 3 March 2014
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 06:58:26 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Good on them. I remember this was an issue when we lived in Florida--people
>planted various northern
>grasses and plants in their gardens, and as a result wasted lots of water and
>had to turn their gardens
>into toxic waste dumps to "protect" their gardens.

     We have quite a few non-native species here in the southwest.  Three
species of Lovegrass were brought here in the 1920's for erosion control.  And
the Spanish brought Filaree here back in the 16th century (then later sank the
Maine).  All sorts of trees, shrubs, and grasses love our Mediterranean climate.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson