Re: [OM] Help - French emails!

Subject: Re: [OM] Help - French emails!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 21:33:42 -0400
I don't know if it's the same situation or not but see if the details
fit.  When I am in Florida for the winter the RV park where I stay
provides a general wi-fi service for the residents.  Internet service is
provided there by brighthouse.com.

My next door neighbor there is Canadian and asked me for help in setting
up his email.  In Canada his internet provider is cogico.ca so, since
the service provider is brighthouse.com I set up his email to use
brighthouse.com as the SMTP server.  I do that myself with no problem.
But it did not work for him.  After a long session with IT support at
cogico.ca I was told that customers of cogico.ca can *only* use
cogico.ca as the SMTP outgoing server.  The vague explanation was that
it helped keep the riff-raff and malware out.

Chuck Norcutt