Re: [OM] Tent camping practice

Subject: Re: [OM] Tent camping practice
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 11:02:54 -0700
>   I don't know how much cell phone service there is up there now. I know
> there are
> satellite phones and emergency transmitters. There were no means at all to
> contact the outside world back then.
When the pup and I take off on own, which is more frequent now because
of my wife's health, I now carry a basic little PLB. Not just for myself
but for any life threatening emergency I may encounter.
After the Canadian couple got lost in the Nevada desert we also take it
in the car for the many areas without cell service.

Just imagine the risks we took "back then".

Mike