Re: [OM] Tent camping practice

Subject: Re: [OM] Tent camping practice
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 09:27:21 -0700
That's a pretty heavy looking 2P tent Brian. I think a 4 season design.
Brand and model?  BTHW the rain fly should be pitched taunt for
stability. Especially if the wind should come up.

I got tired of either packing my "normal" 2-3 person tent which weighs a
ton (6-7lbs) by today's standard but is reasonably roomy or one of the
tiny 2P's which still is a heavy (4lbs) compared to what is now
available. So I bought a luxurious 3P 3 season that weighs in at 3
pounds. Sale price was much less than that shown. Note the nice
awning/vestibule for the pup's bedroom. Reasonable 2P shelters can be
had approaching 1lb !

<http://www.golite.com/Imogene-UL3-Tent-P47001.aspx>

Too many tents Mike

(I should start a "tent shots" folder :) )