[OM] [OT] Wifi woes

Subject: [OM] [OT] Wifi woes
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 09:05:26 +0000
To the collective brains on this list: can you shed some light on this?

I have a problem with a PC (running Vista - ugh) that can connect to
the wifi router and thence to the internet in my house, but in another
house it connects to the router but there is no onward internet
connection.
All other devices (phones, tablets etc) can connect fine in both
places.  Both routers are running WPA2-PSK security.  The wifi adaptor
has the latest driver installed.
And it's a fresh install of Vista (and all SPs and updates) because we
started from a very sluggish clogged-up laptop (a few years past its
best) - although previously it was connecting to the internet ok!

My first thought was a DNS issue but manually setting DNS addresses
doesn't help.

Any other brainwaves please?
TIA
jez