Re: [OM] Re (OM) Hugin

Subject: Re: [OM] Re (OM) Hugin
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:52:52 -0400
Crashing is not a valid response on the part of the software.  Apart
from that, if your comment below means that you didn't have enough
overlap in the images for successful matching I give you my own rules of
thumb.  I try for about 1/3 overlap of images to be stitched. That
should be modified to even more overlap if the images are rather
featureless.  For example, trying to stitch a panorama that consisted of
nothing but sea and sky would be pretty difficult no matter how much
overlap you had.  On the other hand, a pano of a car park either full or
empty should be pretty easy.

Chuck Norcutt