Re: [OM] (OM) OT Domestic expenses

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Domestic expenses
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 00:29:09 +1030
On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 11:51:35PM +1030, David Thatcher wrote:
> ... getting your name crossed
> off results in you being handed the ballot papers (whether you actually
> take them or not), so your compulsory vote counts as informal if you
> walk out without marking or posting the papers

According to the booth manager I spoke with today, state electoral law
in South Australia is the same as Federal electoral law.  Apparently
Polling Booth officials are required to post ballot papers that are
refused by the elector, or found in the booths (i.e accepted but left in
the booth - marked or unmarked).  Interestingly  I noted that this year
both the SA House of Assembly and Legislative Council papers bore the
sentence "You are not legally obliged to mark the ballot paper."...   :)

davidt