Re: [OM] (OT) OS 10.9.2

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) OS 10.9.2
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:10:26 -0400
FWIW, should anyone else run into this problem, it’s fixed. Apparently with
10.9.2, one of the side effects was to render old cable technology obsolete.
After an hour or two on the phone with NEC support answering detailed questions
about my setup, the tech suggested i swap cables from the old one, which was
DVI at the monitor and a DVI-to-mini (Thunderbolt) at the computer, with a
newer cable that runs from the P jack on the monitor directly into the
Thunderbolt port. What’s a P jack. Well, I haven’t looked that up yet. But it’s
cleaner and simpler and it works, and an added benefit, according to the tech,
is that it will give me more and better color than the old DVI cable with
adapter.

Cable arrived today. Works flawlessly. I now have my 2560x1440 back.

But I have $50 fewer dollars in my pocket. Sigh.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal