Re: [OM] Mirrorless - circular or linear polarizer?

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless - circular or linear polarizer?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 09:20:24 -0500
Stay tuned.  Don Holbrook has been taking some test images for me using
a couple of DZ lenses with adapter to his E-M1 to test the autofocus
ability using circular and linear polarizers.  He also sent some images
this morning taken with an OMZ 100/2.8 with no polarizer and with a
linear polarizer and manually focused using focus peaking.  The
polarizer clearly had no impact there as both images were wonderfully sharp.

As to the circular/linear affect on autofocus the jury is still out.
Some of Don's images have focusing errors but it wasn't clear to me
which images were which.  Right now I suspect that the linear filter was
not the cause but I'm awaiting clarification from Don.

Chuck Norcutt