[OM] Mirrorless - circular or linear polarizer?

Subject: [OM] Mirrorless - circular or linear polarizer?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 18:59:11 -0500 (EST)
<<<< snip   DZ 11-22.  Focusing this lens on the E-M1
<<should (as I understand it) be dependent on the phase detect sensor
<<elements in the E-M1.  Perhaps, if the linear polarizer has
neutralized
<<the PD elements of the sensor it will fall back to the contrast
detect
<<elements.

I wonder if perhaps PD AF would work fine with linear pol on E-M1  Look
at Fuji's scheme with the  "sensels."

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2010/8/5/fujifilmpd

Not sure what Oly uses but no clear effect of linear pol on Fuji for
the sensor PD AF that is obvious to me.
The beam splitter in DSLR causes the problem.

Hmmmmmm,

Let's take a pol,  Mike