Re: [OM] Portrait 2014

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait 2014
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 09:27:23 +0800
Thanks all for looking and the kind comments.

Mike, you are right about the bokeh of 180/2.8 vs 50-250, it could be the
best lens I have used. The purple fringe is a real problem though, I think
the only way is to select the problem areas and desaturate them.

>From the sample images I have seen, purple fringe is a major issue for the
older lenses even the Canon L. Only the better lenses from recent years have
it corrected but they are rather expensive, I think I have to stick with the
OMs :-)

BTW, some later lenses are too sharp and even built-in LCE :-), for portrait
works it require some PS to make them look good to my eyes and the OM180 can
save this process :-).

C.H.Ling