Re: [OM] Mirrorless - circular or linear polarizer?

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless - circular or linear polarizer?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 09:59:40 -0600
I have used linear polarizers on the Minolta A1, Olympus E-1 and Panasonic
DMC-L1. Other than the viewfinder and focus issues related to the
semisilvered mirror, I do not recall ever seeing any issues with the sensor
or AA filter. Frankly, I cannot see how that would be a problem. My only
issue remains the lower effectivity of a polarizer with digital cameras.

I do believe there could be an issue with the Nikon D1S, original Fuji
DSLRs with the diagonal sensor pattern and possibly the Sigma cameras.
Anytime you have anything that even remotely resembles a diffraction
grating, that will interfere with polarized light.

One way to test your camera with a circular polarizer is to try it
backwards.

AG

--
Ken Norton