Re: [OM] Seduced Again - a Tale of GAS

Subject: Re: [OM] Seduced Again - a Tale of GAS
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 20:27:49 -0800
On 3/1/2014 5:56 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Congrats!!!  Whoa, that cam was at/near top of list for upcoming horse
> trip and  also noted that was not available in black in NA!  Thinking
> about 3 lens horse kit as well.

What three lenses?

> Kit lens is quite nice and pretty good OIS best I could find out.

Panny differentiates between two OISs, Mega, and Power. They say Power is
better overall, but especially at low
frequencies.
<http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/systemcamera/gms/lens/g_x_vario_45_175.html>

Howsomever, Power is only on a few lenses, and in the range I was looking at,
only on the power zoom lens, which is
noticeably longer than the 45-150, not necessarily a good match to the tiny GM1.

> I hope the warranty is OK in US.  I think the electronic shutter option
> works well but doesn't clear the data faster than 1/15 sec or
> so--perhaps not much different than GX-7.

I would imagine it's the same - same sensor and electronics.

> Assuming it gets a MSOA, let me know if you spot another in Black at
> list price!!!!.

Sheer happenstance, or synchronicity, that I saw it. I imaging they may relent
later?

> Oh, see the same guy for Canyon G series grips/doodads if desired, (R.
> Franiec) Panny one expensive and takes up the tripod screw.

Count on you to find the super high quality and pricy one. I'm not sure I need
one, as the body covering is not
slippery. If I do, I'll use my spare flipbac. I have the G4, but if you want
swoopy like Franiec's, there's the G2.
<http://www.amazon.com/Flipbac-FBG2-Camera-Digital-Cameras/dp/B0058BUNDU/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1393729844&sr=1-1>

> Nice start with first two posted images.

Thanks!

Bargain Gripp Moose