Re: [OM] IMG: Inside the EU Parliament

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Inside the EU Parliament
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 09:04:05 +0100
Thanks and agreed.

Well, should the UK abandon the ship, the focus of the EU would shift
eastwards and Brussels would be less justified... unless Scotland ...
Seen from another angle, if I had a choice to make between Belgian
beer and single malt scotch ... ;-)

More seriously, what I find appalling is the lack of accountability/
representation, etc. of the commission - at least the Parliament is
elected ...

Thanks again

Amities
Philippe

Le 28 févr. 14 à 08:38, Chris Barker a écrit :

> Thanks, Philippe, those images are nicely descriptive.
>
> However, it remains a dreadful waste of money to have 2 centres for
> the Parliament etc . . .
>
> Bin Brussels, I say! :-)
>
> Chris
>
> On 27 Feb 14, at 17:21, philippe.amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> European elections are closing fast on the 28 countries of the EU and
>> I had the opportunity to visit the main seat of the Parliament in
>> Strasbourg seat last Friday, just before their 766 members strong
>> last
>> plenary session.
>>
>> My takes start here:
>> http://tinyurl.com/oyzo9lb
>>
>> Some may be viewed large as usual - all hand held and no tripod nor
>> flash ;-)
>>
>> For anyone interested and wondering how this institution works, here
>> is a link that might help you.
>> http://europarltv.europa.eu/en/player.aspx?pid=2f556fde-911b-4943-a06d-a2dd00ea7213
>
> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE