[OM] [OT} turning into Moose? not not that way PS skills are still nonex

Subject: [OM] [OT} turning into Moose? not not that way PS skills are still nonexistent but...
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:13:24 +0100
After a discussion with my CFO we have decided the time has come to swap
the landrover for something that better suits our lifestyle.

When I bought the original white defender, it was before Cai was born
and the plans to travel through Africa etc was more than pipe dreams.
However when I bough the white one basic no aircon electric windows etc
I really always wanted an orange G4 edition and a few years ago I bought
one, but it was a big mistake, carpetted,air con, electric everything -
it was just too nice to use especially in a landrover defender type of
way, that coupled  with the realisation that any expeditions would need
to be in Europe - at least for now due to Cai meant something different
was required.

Last year we bought a dream cottage in North Wales so we will mainly be
commuting back and forth for the next few years - I would love to retire
there now but that is not a possibility, at least for the near future so
as eldest stepson wants a car it seemed to make sense that he had my
wifes and she gets a newer one, then we decided that as she always
wanted a camper van we should sell the landrover and get one of those.

Having convinced her that the old ones although invoking  more romantic
notions would be actually a noisier and less reliable choice than the
landrover a new one was specced.

we have opted for a VW California Beach 4x4 with locking rear diff 7
seats external power  hookup, popup roof aux heating etc..  in sandy
beige - a baby moosembile. Its a bit of a wait but they are doing a
special edition with usefull extras and very low leasing finance at the
moment so its the right time to take teh plunge especially as we can
specify  it exactly as we want and its only a couple of thousand more
than an equivalent second had one.

We wanted the beach rather than one with a permanent kitchen - there are
a lot of German suppliers who do lift in/out combined  kitchen sink and
cooker units so now we just have to wait, unfortunately it wont arrive
before our summer holidays butit will be in time for a test trip to
Munich for Oktoberfest :-)

<https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/range/camper-vans/california-beach/>

Now I have finished looking into that and work is hopefully quietening
down I can maybe get back to taking some Photos. I have also sort of
acquired a gallery of sorts, Kerstin will along with another start her
own praxis (dietician and alternative medicine) and as I am liable for
her part of the rent I said I would like to hang some photos for sale in
the waiting room and corridors, now I just need to select some and get
them printed up. It will only cost me the printing and you never know
someone may like one otherwise I hope they at least enjoy them while
they wait

IanW