Re: [OM] (OM) Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Computers
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:39:56 -0800
> So, I installed Win98/SE and then the WinXP upgrade and everything has worked
> fine ever since.
FYI the pre-install of W98 is unnecessary. XP will prompt you to insert
the W98 disk to prove ownership then continue with the XP install.

Brian, although I agree that there is no point for you to upgrade your
OS I strongly suggest that you allow XP to update to the latest at least
each week up until the end. Just use Internet Explorer's update function
and let it run while you do something else.

Also harddrives are dirt cheap. And you can migrate them when you do
finally upgrade. I bet the prices in NZ are comparable.
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007603%20600457699%204026%204027&IsNodeId=1&name=%2475%20-%20%24100&Order=RATING&Pagesize=100>