Re: [OM] IMGS: Family Outing

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Family Outing
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 19:10:15 -0600
>  The windows don't roll up or down.  The radio antenna is broken.  We haul
> chicken feed and lumber and everything else in it.  It is my vehicle of
> choice for errands but not for long trips - that would be the Toyota Lexus
> with leather interior, airbags, and automatic transmission.

I'm quite intrigued by my BMW X5. MB and BMW both make "world
vehicles" that don't have the fancy luxury aspects to them that the
American market so "demands". The X5 isn't nearly as "tough" in some
aspects as my Jeep Grand Cherokee, but in other aspects I believe it
is the more solid vehicle. I'll take the Jeep off roading where things
are a bit more serious and rocks abound, but I think that the X5 is a
better built vehicle in most regards and would likely outlast the Jeep
for pure miles driven by at least 50%. The Prius is a candy wrapper by
comparison to either.

Well, somewhat of a candy wrapper. I've seen what a school bus driving
over the front end will do to a Prius... Yeah, a candy wrapper.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx