Re: [OM] IMGS: Family Outing

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Family Outing
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 19:46:18 -0500
Our Toyota Landcruiser was made in Japan.  It is a brick outhouse with no
leather interiors, airbags or automatic transmission.  It is a 1989 and
just keeps going and going.  We had a Toyota in Iran in 1978 and decided to
buy another one when we came back to the States.  It may last 5 lifetimes.
 The windows don't roll up or down.  The radio antenna is broken.  We haul
chicken feed and lumber and everything else in it.  It is my vehicle of
choice for errands but not for long trips - that would be the Toyota Lexus
with leather interior, airbags, and automatic transmission.

Tina

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The sad thing is that Toyota doesn't ship those "brick outhouses" to
> first-world countries. We get leather interiors, airbags and automatic
> transmissions. They get vehicles built to last five lifetimes in
> extreme use.
>

> --
> Ken Norton
> ken@xxxxxxxxxxx