Re: [OM] Fuji secret sauce?

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji secret sauce?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 09:46:10 -0600
> I can't say I have thought about this until the post - as I keep trying
> to inform all who will listen, the camera just does not get in the way
> of the process like all the other digital cameras I have used before.

In my own in-store testing, I would concur that they are the most
"native" of all the ones tested. No menu diving for basic things, and
for the most part, I can feel like I can satisfactorily operate the
camera without ever looking at the manual. The Olympus is completely
on the opposite end of that spectrum. The Sony A7/R is somewhere in
the middle with a heavy dose of menu diving.

> However I may not have noticed it as a problem probably due to very
> rarely shooting longer 50mm equiv and I think that the Fuji is the
> biggest body and wonder if this provides enough damping to solve the issue.

The X1Pro is a substantial body, but he XE1/XE2 is significantly
smaller and comparative to the Sony and Olympus. I don't seem to read
or hear about SS issues with them either.

One possibility that I'm noodling on is that the specific array and
means of image processing counters vibration blurring through
deconvolution. If the blurring were to be, say, three pixels wide, it
may be that the 8 or so pixel merge (whatever it is, it's more than
the standard 3) natively corrects this blurring.

Or not.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx