Re: [OM] Errrrr.... nevermind

Subject: Re: [OM] Errrrr.... nevermind
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 23:27:36 +0100
Well, my favorite m43 lens is the m.zuiko 9-18mm (with filter btw). It is
small, light-weight and delivers good quality. The 7-14mm tests better, but
it remains to be seen if that is significant in everyday use. I've read
over issues with blue halo's around artificial light sources on Olympus
camera's. At the end of the day, the 7-14mm is close to twice the weight of
the 9-18mm, and has a vulnerable front lens. If you buy second-hand, it
could be twice the price as well. I paid EURO 300 for mine (quite a good price
here), and I can't buy a 7-14mm for less then EURO 600.

For my style of photography, the 9-18mm has a more usefull range since I
would use the 7-9 range less often then the 14-18mm.

Just my 2 cents.

Best, Frank.

PS Just to get an impression: most of these pictures from Canterbury <
http://wijsmuller.eu/index.php?/category/95> were made with the 9-18mm on
the e-m5. Some of them were with my wifes camera (e-pl2 with 14-150mm). I
should look in programm that allows more exif info though...