Re: [OM] SLW?

Subject: Re: [OM] SLW?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 10:13:40 -0600
> Not a counter, just bouncing off Chuck's experience, but when I went to
> Phuket & Bangkok 18 months ago I chose (for a couple of reasons) to just take
> my iPhone 4S (8MP)* and was very pleased with the results. Using panorama
> mode helps the MPs if panoramas are something you like too. Next time I'd
> take the Canon 5DMkII with 24-105/4, but I've no regrets. My iPhone 4S was
> (and my new 5S is) considered by me to be one of my cameras, and a lot of the
> time camera first, smartphone second. My earlier 3GS, not so much. :)

Interesting that you say that. I'm still early in with this cellphone,
but the camera is so good in it that I also am starting to consider it
to be one of my cameras. As to the smartphone/data connectivity aspect
to it, I have the Eye-Fi software loaded on it so my DSLR is just
another capture device for the phone. It's not perfectly seamless yet,
but getting very close.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx