Re: [OM] Fw: Upgrade your E-M5 with our new firmware!

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: Upgrade your E-M5 with our new firmware!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 20:50:05 -0800
On 1/31/2014 4:53 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I don't think it disturbs any settings (and wouldn't expect it to) but I
> don't make use of the myset stuff yet.

I've not used the mysets, either. I find the idea of needing to hold down
another button while shooting off-putting.

> The only thing I'm sure of is
> that my customization to remove the focus control from the shutter
> button to the Fn2 button (next to the shutter button) was not disturbed.

That was my sense, as well, that it didn't mess with things it didn't have to.
My Fn assignments are undisturbed.

As might be expected, with a change in the ISO range, the range limits for Auto
ISO were reset.

> I actually wanted to move the focus button to the playback button on the
> back of the camera so I could control focus and shutter with thumb and
> index finger as I do on the Canon 5D.  But I can't easily reach the
> playback button nor even the $#^&@! rear control dial.

It's easy enough to operate the rear dial from the front, at least with my
index finger. It's just a bit above and to
the left of the front dial. I sometimes do that when shooting verticals.

> Being left-eyed and the E-M5 don't mix well.

I'd forgotten that. You might like the GX7, with its VF on the far left edge,
the right hand controls are free.

Dexter Oculis Moose